Welcome to www.LauriesRockPaintings.com.
Western wildlife and rustic scenery is hand painted with watercolors on Colorado's natural sandstone. My goal, as an artist, is to illustrate the beauty and history this inspiring state has to offer.
I am a Boulder, Colorado native, but grew up in Northern Idaho, painting all along. After receiving a commercial arts degree from North Idaho College, I decided to move back here to my family roots. In 2005, my loving husband Jim and I got married, and we now have a seven year old son, Wesley.
In 2006, my father Steve and his loving wife Erica bought some property near Carter Lake, in Northern Colorado. Upon noticing a wealth of sandstone and other rocks indigenous to the area, they suggested using the natural contour of the rocks as the backdrop to my paintings.
I found my niche! Adding to the rustic flavor of my finished product and thanks to Steve and Erica's ingenuity, my rock stands are made from hand - whittled tree branches. I utilize polyurethane as a protective sealant on both rock paintings and stands.
After presenting them to local galleries, the jury of the Lincoln Art Gallery in Loveland selected me as a member. The gallery, sponsors of the Thompson Valley Art League and the annual Art in the Park show, suggested I open a booth to display my goods. With help and support from my family, I've become an active member of the local art community, established this website, and participate yearly in numerous arts and crafts festivals. Accomplishments are as follows:
http://lauriesrockpaintings.blogspot.com ongoing since 2009
Art in the Park show 2007, 2008, 2009
Holiday Food and Gift Festival in CO. Springs 2008
Applewood Arts Festival in Loveland 2008, 2009
Applewood Arts Festival in Westminster 2009
Taste of Fort Collins 2009
Greeley Wesleyan Church art fair 2009
Church at Loveland art fair 2009
- Spring Fest 5 Festival on Pearl St, Boulder, CO. 2010
- Rotary Club art Festival in Estas Park, CO 2010
- Thompson Valley Art League member, president, hang art, paint at gallery 2009-2013
- Lincoln Art Gallery juried in, work is displayed and sold on consignment regularly 2009- 2013
- Thompson Valley Art League juried shows honorable mention 2009, 3rd place 2010, 1st place 2010, 3rd place 2012,
- A show of hands gallery in Loveland, 2009-2010
- Special Requests for rock paintings have always been gladly accepted.
- You can find me on FACEBOOK and TWITTER as well.
Enjoy your stay at www.LauriesRockPaintings.com.